The Network and Technical Engineer will be responsible for analyzing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing network infrastructure and application components both on-premises and in the cloud. Complete assigned network projects on time and within specified budgets. Attend required IT Support meetings and assist IT leadership with related issues and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, repair, patch and upgrade network and computer systems.
- Configure and manage new and existing network systems both on premise and cloud.
- Monitor the performance of the network and troubleshoot any problems such as slow performance or network crashes.
- Diagnose and fix problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware and software systems.
- Work proficiently in a Windows, Hyper-V, Azure, Cisco infrastructure environment.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with IT leadership on network optimization.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Upgrading infrastructure equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- DHCP/DNS monitoring and configuration.
- IIS management
- On premise and Azure Active Directory management.
- Office 365 management and configuration
- Monitor security system logs (i.e., intrusion detection system, intrusion prevention system, firewall system logs, AD, and server logs, etc.) and reports on discovered anomalies or problems (i.e., insufficient disk space, inappropriate access patterns) on a weekly basis.
- Tests new computer/router/switch hardware, software solutions and cloud services prior to implementation along with security risks.
- Uses sniffers and other tools to troubleshoot and isolate network problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client-side hardware trouble tickets as needed.
- Occasional after hour calls and support for emergencies
- Five years related network engineering experience
- A+ Certification
- Holds or is working towards Microsoft MCITP, MCSE/A, Network+, Security+, Server+ certifications.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC/laptop operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server and Linux variants.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware
- RAID, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, TCP/IP.
- Ability to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco firewall/switch environments.
- Familiar with Azure and AWS IaaS, SaaS environments
- Hands-on server hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices and O/S; Android, Apple, Windows
- Experience with IP related telephones.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, security policies and procedures.
- Working technical knowledge of Hyper-V.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Calm under pressure when dealing with critical infrastructure issues.
- Ability to install, support, and troubleshoot server and PC hardware components and peripherals.
Address Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to: