ONLINE MANAGING EDITOR – NEWS
Healio is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Online Managing Editor (OME) to oversee our news coverage of rheumatology for a physician audience.
OME responsibilities include:
- writing and editing news content;
- developing strong relationships and collaborating with key opinion leaders;
- tracking analytics;
- posting content online and maintaining the website;
- managing freelancers;
- handling social media;
- curating and producing email newsletters; and
- traveling to and directing live coverage at major medical conferences.
Qualified candidates must have:
- strong writing and editing skills;
- familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) and web analytics;
- proven experience with social media;
- a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field;
- at least 5 years’ experience with news writing and/or editing;
- a proven ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines; and
- a desire to work within a fast-paced news environment with a dedicated team of writers and editors.
Ideal candidates will have experience with health care communications.
Position requires travel. Remote applicants will be considered.
Address Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements to: