Thorofare, NJ – Healio | HemOnc Today is excited to announce a new physician leadership structure, which features seven Associate Medical Editors from various subspecialty areas within oncology and hematology.
The new senior leadership board — which will guide Healio | HemOnc Today’s Editorial Board — will assist in content selection and act as ambassadors for the publication.
“Staying on top of the issues of interest to our readers requires close collaboration with the experts,” said Joan-Marie Stiglich, ELS, Healio’s Chief Content Officer. “Our goal with the new leadership design is to provide broad specialty and subspecialty coverage of issues and topics of importance to the oncology and hematology communities.”
Joining Healio | HemOnc Today as Associate Medical Editors are:
- Charu Aggarwal, MD, MPH: Associate Director of Penn Center for Precision Medicine and Leslye Heisler Associate Professor for lung cancer excellence at University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine. She joined the Healio | HemOnc Today Editorial Board in 2018.
- Adam M. Brufsky, MD, PhD: Professor of Medicine at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Associate Director for Strategic Initiatives and Co-Director of the Cancer Center at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh, and Medical Director of the cancer center’s Magee-Women’s Cancer Program. He joined the Healio | HemOnc Today Editorial Board in 2010.
- Jonathan M. Gerber, MD: Chief of the division of hematology/oncology at UMass Memorial Medical Center, Medical Director of UMass Cancer Center and Eleanor Eustis Farrington Chair in Cancer Research at UMass Chan Medical School. He joined the Healio | HemOnc Today Editorial Board member since 2014.
- Petros Grivas, MD, PhD: Clinical Director of the Genitourinary Cancers Program at University of Washington Medicine and Professor in the Clinical Research Division at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. He received the Healio Next Gen Disruptor Award in 2022.
- Shikha Jain, MD, FACP: Associate Professor of Medicine in the division of hematology, oncology and cell therapy at University of Illinois Cancer Center in Chicago. Jain — host of Healio’s Oncology Overdrive Podcast and Consulting Editor for Healio Women in Oncology — joined the Healio | HemOnc Today Editorial Board member in 2020.
- Edward S. Kim, MD, MBA, FACP, FASCO: Physician-in-Chief for City of Hope Orange County and Vice Physician-in-Chief for City of Hope National Medical Center. Kim joined the Healio | HemOnc Today Editorial Board in 2014.
- Marcela V. Maus, MD, PhD, Associate Editor: Director of the Cellular Immunotherapy Program at Mass General Cancer Center and Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She is a founding member of the peer perspective board for Healio | Cell Therapy Next.
“Healio has always been at the forefront of getting up-to-date innovative information out to a large audience, which I find refreshing at a time when we are constantly bombarded with misinformation,” Jain said. “I appreciate the work Healio does covering cutting-edge medicine and health care, as well as policy and equity efforts, and the impact all of these have on the intersection of our health care systems.”
The new senior leadership board succeeds Chief Medical Editors Emeritus Derek Raghavan, MD, PhD, and John Sweetenham, MD. Healio | HemOnc Today is grateful for their leadership while serving as Chief Medical Editors and their continued support.
Healio | HemOnc Today features breaking news, in-depth feature articles, career development tools, and Web-based forums and communities where hematology and oncology professionals can interact and network with colleagues striving to improve patient care.
For more information on the Physician Leadership, visit Healio.com/HemOnc, or contact Mark Leiser, Editorial Director, at [email protected] or 856.994.9900 ext. 418.
Launched in 2012, Healio is a multichannel information platform, providing health care specialists with tailored news, information and education in support of their daily practice of medicine. An in-depth, clinical information resource, Healio brings together award-winning news reporting with expert perspectives, dynamic video, podcasts, Q&A columns, CME and other custom educational activities, blogs, peer-reviewed journals and a wide range of popular medical book titles all in one place. For more information, visit Healio.com.