Healio Wins 10 Awards for Publication Excellence
July 19, 2022
Thorofare, NJ – Healio and Healio LIVE were presented with 10 prestigious APEX awards, including three coveted Grand Awards.
APEX Awards recognize excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. APEX Grand Awards honor the outstanding works in each main category, while APEX Awards for Publication Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual categories. Of more than 1,200 entries in APEX 2022, a total of 100 Grand Awards were presented in 14 major categories.
“The three grand awards and seven awards of excellence from APEX are a testament to the hard work and dedication of our editorial, marketing and design teams. Congratulations to all the award winners on your exceptional achievements,” said John C. Carter, Chief Operating Officer, The Wyanoke Group, the parent company of Healio and Healio LIVE. “I’m extremely proud of these teams for consistently delivering high-quality content to the medical specialists they serve.”
The 10 APEX Awards include:
- Infectious Disease News: COVID-19 Media – Grand Award for “Long COVID: A ‘mysterious’ syndrome with ‘no clear pattern’ of symptoms,” (July 2021) Caitlyn Stulpin, Staff Writer, Infectious Disease News
- Unmasking COVID-19 Podcast and Town Hall: Electronic Media – Grand Award, Healio News Staff
- Diabetes in Real Life: Writing – Grand Award, Endocrine Today Staff
- Climate Change and Health Resource Center: Environment – Climate Change, Healio Staff
- Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2022 Meeting Campaign: Campaigns, Programs & Plans – Events & Meetings, Trish Caruso, Nancy Chernitsky, Jessica Arno, Healio LIVE
- Endocrine Today: Writing – Feature Writing, “Gender care for minors requires teamwork, centers on family,” (July 2021) Michael Monstra, Online Content Editor, Endocrine Today
- HemOnc Today: Writing – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, ”‘Knowledge gap’ hinders efforts to improve care of LGBTQ+ patients,” (September 2021) Jennifer Southall, Staff Writer, HemOnc Today
- Ocular Surgery News: Writing – Health & Medical Writing, “‘Enormous’ potential of robotics opens door to next revolution in eye surgery,” (August 2021) Michela Cimberle, Staff Writer, Ocular Surgery News
- News from the 2021 American Heart Association Scientific Sessions: Writing – Health & Medical Writing, Healio/Cardiology Today Staff
- Women in Oncology’s “Health and Wellness” Series: Writing – Writing Series, Talitha Bennett, Alexandra Todak, Editorial Director; and Jennifer Southall, Staff Writer, HemOnc Today
For more information, visit Healio.com, or contact Lee Gaymon, SVP, Marketing & Audience Development, at [email protected] 856.994.9900 ext. 356.
Healio is a multichannel information platform, providing health care specialists with tailored news, information and education in support of their daily practice of medicine. An in-depth, clinical information resource, Healio brings together award-winning news reporting with expert perspectives, dynamic video, podcasts, question-and-answer columns, CME and other custom educational activities, blogs, peer-reviewed journals and a wide range of popular medical book titles all in one place. For more information, visit Healio.com.
About Healio LIVE
Healio LIVE organizes live continuing education meetings for health care specialists, delivering unique experiences through quality information, perspective on new data and face-to-face interaction with leading experts and peers.
About The Wyanoke Group
The Wyanoke Group is the parent company for Healio, Healio LIVE, Healio Strategic Solutions, SLACK Incorporated, and Vindico Medical Education. The shared mission of our companies is to deliver the highest quality information, education and communications to health care professionals to improve patient health.