Thorofare, NJ – Healio and Healio LIVE were presented with 8 prestigious APEX awards, with the COVID-19 Resource Center and Nephrology News & Issues both winning the highest recognition of Grand Award.
APEX Awards recognize excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence. APEX Grand Awards honor the outstanding works in each main category, while APEX Awards for Publication Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual categories. Of more than 1,200 entries in APEX 2021, a total of 100 Grand Awards were presented in 13 major categories.
“The two grand awards and six awards of excellence from APEX are a testament to the hard work and dedication of our editorial, marketing and design teams. Congratulations to all the award winners on your exceptional achievements,” said John C. Carter, Chief Operating Officer, The Wyanoke Group, the parent company of Healio and Healio LIVE. “In the midst of a pandemic these teams continued to deliver high-quality content to the medical specialists they serve.”
The 8 APEX Awards include:
- COVID-19 Resource Center: COVID-19 Media – Grand Award, Healio Staff, Healio
- Nephrology News & Issues: Writing – Grand Award for “Kidney community renews efforts to solve health disparities among people of color,”(October 2020) Mark Neumann
- HemOnc Today: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Print (November 25, 2020 Issue), HemOnc Today Staff
- Women in Oncology: Websites – Joan-Marie Stiglich
- OSNNY Retina 2020 Meeting Campaign: Campaigns, Programs & Plans – Events & Meetings, Trish Caruso, Nancy Chernitsky, Marlena Smith, Healio LIVE
- Infectious Disease News: Writing – Feature Writing, “Leaving women out of study populations can cause ‘great harm’,” Caitlyn Stulpin
- News from the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions: Writing – Health & Medical Writing, Healio/Cardiology Today Staff
- Ocular Surgery News: Writing – News Writing, “Increased digital screen time during COVID-19 may accelerate myopia epidemic,” Michela Cimberle
For more information, visit Healio.com, or contact Lee Gaymon, Vice President, Marketing and Audience Development, at [email protected] 856.994.9900 ext. 356.
Healio is a multichannel information platform, providing health care specialists with tailored news, information and education in support of their daily practice of medicine. An in-depth, clinical information resource, Healio brings together award-winning news reporting with expert perspectives, dynamic video, podcasts, question-and-answer columns, CME and other custom educational activities, blogs, peer-reviewed journals and a wide range of popular medical book titles all in one place. For more information, visit Healio.com.
About Healio LIVE
Healio LIVE organizes live continuing education meetings for health care specialists, delivering unique experiences through quality information, perspective on new data and face-to-face interaction with leading experts and peers.
About The Wyanoke Group
The Wyanoke Group is the parent company for Healio, Healio LIVE, Healio Strategic Solutions, SLACK Incorporated, and Vindico Medical Education. The shared mission of our companies is to deliver the highest quality information, education and communications to health care professionals to improve patient health.